For example the following kinds of cyberattacks can easily be prevented via SPEEDOS qualifier based protection:
- spyware attacks;
- attacks aimed at destroying critical infrastructure by manipulating key controls;
- attacks on hospitals and similar institutions;
- attacks on banks and similar institutions;
- attacks on power stations;
- attacks on rail and other transport systems;
- theft of credit cards and similar;
- any other situation which requires that information can be securely confined, with access available only for authorised users.
It is clearly the case, as we hear almost every day in the news, that conventional operating systems are unable to solve confinement problems. The computer manufacturers attempt to fix up the problems by issuing patches, but, as a friend once said to me, if the core is rotten, one cannot expect that building on it will be very successful.